Unhappy Digg Users Flood Site with Reddit Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiumburn

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I was a major fan of Digg but the latest change seems like a bad decision. Maybe over time I will get used to the new layout and like it, but currently its pretty flawed

zaixionito

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Reddit is by the same folks who make Wired, so I like it.

Still, if you don't like the interface, go somewhere else... Which is what they are doing...

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
The changes really are for the worse over at Digg, I'm not resistant to change if it's to a sites betterment, but the changes, as well as the constant slew of bugs is certainly to the sites detriment, a shame really. Oh well, over to Reddit.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]hurfburf[/nom]Wow. Orientated? You're the worst writer in the whole wide world.[/citation]

It's um, UK English? Ah, I got nothin'.

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]zaixionito[/nom]Reddit is by the same folks who make Wired, so I like it.Still, if you don't like the interface, go somewhere else... Which is what they are doing...[/citation]
Wired? Talk about corporate ass-kissing!

Flynn_Serlant

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
[citation][nom]hurfburf[/nom]You're the worst writer in the whole wide world.[/citation]

Congratulations on your successful use of hyperbole. On a similar note, who cares?

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]a-a-a[/nom]How could they!?!?!?Umm....WTF is digg anyway? This is the first time I've ever heard about it.[/citation]
Digg is like twitter for news articles. You just "digg" a site, and it posts a link to that site on Digg's website. Then, you can just go to digg to see what others on the web are reading. At least, that's what I understand, I've never been to Digg's site personally, and quite frankly, Digg links pollute search results, its rather annoying. When I search for a phrase, I want the article or site that is relevant, not a digg link to a site that might be relevant. Of course, I blame Google, they should just filter that crap out.

rockypooch

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
New Digg:
- Lost all account settings, including all Dugg stories.
- Digg's own iPhone app no longer works... just freezes.
- One of the most ill-advised, unnecessary redesigns ever.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I haven't really used digg that often but these changes sound terrible. The site used to be a list of the most popular pages/articles/sites amongst digg users at any given time. Now it just a list of brands, celebrities, etc that the digg admins think people will like? That isn't even the same site.

Status
Not open for further replies.