Unimax UMX U693CL won't recognize camera for mobile banking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2020
Trying to use the Unimax UMX U693CL to deposit a check via Fidelity mobile app. Won't allow camera to take picture of check. Permisssion to share cam is on, and latest software a/o Oct 4, 2020 installed. Camera works fine standalone. Also doesn't work for the Chase mobile banking app either.

During failure, app (whether Fidelity or Chase) appears to try and access camera (for about 1 second, cam opens) when attempting to take picture of check (Fidelity="Snap Picture of Front of Check", Chase="Front of Check"), but then switches back to banking app.

Also tried downloading and using another camera app from Google play. Same as above, camera works fin as standalone, but isn't recognized (able to snap pic of check) using either Fidelity or Chase.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020
Did you check with support for the apps you are trying to use that are failing?
Nah, not going to bother trying to deal with any "tech support"...I don't have the patience, plus I don't speak Cantonese. The issue is clearly phone specific, as I used a different manufacturers phone with same Andriod OS and worked just fine. So I'm going to make the reasonable assumption that is the phone.

Nah, not going to bother trying to deal with any "tech support"...I don't have the patience, plus I don't speak Cantonese. The issue is clearly phone specific, as I used a different manufacturers phone with same Andriod OS and worked just fine. So I'm going to make the reasonable assumption that is the phone.

While it may be the phone model, the fix would come from the maker of the app once they know it does not work on your phone and android version. Not sure why you would need to speak Cantonese for Fidelity or Chase support.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
Did it ever work? Whether you want to or not, you really need to contact the bank. You should be able to do it via email. There could be a security issue with the specific phone.

Oct 4, 2020
Update: 10/20/2020

Going to individually email Fidelity, Chase and Wells Fargo mobile support. Loaded Wells this AM and that won't work either. I will update as appropriate.

Oct 4, 2020
Did it ever work? Whether you want to or not, you really need to contact the bank. You should be able to do it via email. There could be a security issue with the specific phone.
Taking your advice...found the email addys at the bottom of the respective app pages in Google Play...didn't think to look there before. Ugh!

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020
Welp. All three (Fidelity, Chase and Wells) contacted me, and all three were equally useless. Everything from please call our general number, go through 20 prompts and then speak to someone in India who has no idea what you are talking about (I mean the issue is quite straight forward IMO), to "it must be the phone" with no idea on how to fix the issue.
Pretty disappointing -- so I'll continue to do searches now and then to look for solutions. If it is a camera issue, and it's the manu's software, then I'm hosed as they have zero support that I could find; if it's a settings issue, i'd be shocked as the settings for this stuff is pretty straight forward and all seems to be in order.

UniMax Tech Support and Contact Info....'nuff said

http://www.unimaxcomm.com/en/support.html

http://www.unimaxcomm.com/en/contact.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.