Uninstalled wrong program

Jul 6, 2018
I just bought a new hp laptop that is very basic. I am uninstalling all the “junk programs” however I did also uninstall the hp driveguard and hp wireless button driver. Is that going to be a problem? Do I need to reinstall that and if so how do I??

Thanks!

Solution
No it shouldn't cause problems unless it uninstalled drivers that manage your wifi.

I personally would uninstall anything labeled HP. You can always redownload them via their website if you need it.

I'm partners with HP and everytime I get an HP PC, it comes preloaded with tons of HP software that isn't required. Never ran into any issues by uninstalling them.
I'm not aware of those specific programs, but anything branded "HP" is not outright required for a laptop to function, nor will it cause a problem.

If you wanted to, you should be able to reinstall by heading to HP's support page for your specific model laptop.

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
No it shouldn't cause problems unless it uninstalled drivers that manage your wifi.

I personally would uninstall anything labeled HP. You can always redownload them via their website if you need it.

I'm partners with HP and everytime I get an HP PC, it comes preloaded with tons of HP software that isn't required. Never ran into any issues by uninstalling them.

Solution

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
Looks like Driveguard is supposed to notice when your laptop accelerates (indicates you dropped it) and quickly stop any spinning hard drive discs.

Wireless button supposedly control the physical wifi on/off button on the laptop. You can test this one pretty easily.