Unique problem swapped laptop mobos, no image, no battery...

PotatoOfDoom

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
I have a p35w v2 Gigabyte Laptop. I tried to update the bios and I guess just corrupted it because it would not post after doing so. I luckily found the bottom half of the laptop for sale on ebay and it boots to bios when plugged into my monitor via VGA. I took my SDD and put it in and I can even boot to windows no problem (same exact mobo). BUT once I installed my screen and my battery, it will not output anything to the screen. No flickers, no images at all (tested with a flashlight in dark room as well, nothing) Windows does not see the internal screen. Booting with or without the vga cable plugged in makes no differece.

Also the battery is hooked up but is not charging (battery icon with an X). I don't believe I damaged any wires or connections for the screen when dissambling and installing. Boots into windows and runs fine via VGA.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
Remove battery and charger hold power button down for 20 seconds reattach charger and battery and power on as normal. If still nothing plug a external monitor and see if the laptop displays anything. If it doesnt I recheck the motherboard especially the motherboard LCD connection which the cable from screen connects to. May be needs re-Soldering (sodder).

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
Also I'd try that whole holding the power button for 20 seconds on the other laptop it may resolve the bad bios flash.....however in percentage wise I'd say 2℅ chance but why not. Unless the bios chip is shot may be possible to recover it.

PotatoOfDoom

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
I don't think people are reading the whole problem, but I do appreciate the responses so far anyway!

I did try to reset unplugging the main battery as well as the cmos battery. Did not work. Did the same with the new mobo.

To reiterate, new mobo in laptop, will boot to windows on an external display, comp doesn't even see the attached display. Doesn't flash or show bios or anything. I will check the physical connections on the new mobo.