Univeristy laptop that's under £600

rhewitt

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
I am looking for a laptop to take to university, obviously will need general uses like word, power point, Netflix and other video streaming. I would like it to be lightweight, decent battery life, fast and a good 500gb.
I would ask for the ability to play games but I know that's insane to want on such a budget, I am contemplating on whether something like a note book or surface would be good for taking notes and general research usage, but I haven't really seen many unbiased reviews on them and their uses but the idea is very tempting. I'm just not really sure what direction to go with it, I currently have a Lenovo z50 and its pure shite and that was about 550 new and I thought it would be good but it was not, hence my reservation to simply buy one from my own lack of knowledge. I would like to pay up to like 450-500 but I can stretch to 600 I reckon (begrudgingly)

rhewitt

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016

reckon it would run any games? also do you know the reliability of refurbished pc's by chance? Also I don't know why but it does make me slightly uneasy that it is refurbished but not necessarily a deal breaker if you could defend refurbishing with some certainty

rhewitt

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016

I am a cs man haha, do you know how long things like that usually stay on amazon for? going to uni in September, so more than likely wont buy till august..... (I know you cant predict too well but rough idea)

rhewitt

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016

Alright, I thought so haha, mind if I private message you when I do decide to get one?