University laptop suggestions

Themneboss

Estimable
Jul 20, 2015
1. What is your budget?
- around 750€

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-from 13-inch to 15-inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
-full hd

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
-portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
-6 hours is fine, but the more the better :D

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-I dont plan on playing games on it

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
-It would be used for university (taking notes, learning) and media consumption (watching movies, browsing web...)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-I would like it to have a SSD (128 GB is enough)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
- /

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
-Until I finish my undergraduate studies, so 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
- /

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-I am okey with everybrand as long as the build quality is good

13. What country do you live in?
-Montenegro/Italy

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
-I put special emphasis on it's portability ( so the lighter the better )
-2in1 would be a plus
-thin bassles would be preferable

Solution
My wife just did her Master's and we tried 3 different type of Laptops, one she bough thinking bigger is better 17" Dell, that was a mistake at close to 12 lbs... then eventually she got this lovely Dell 2-in-1 Support for Inspiron 3148 of course not a new model now, but lasted 3 years and battery life on it was lovely came with hdd not ssd, combined with google drive she could transfer her data to her desktop when she got home to make her papers or jus print them, it is a 12" monitor and weight nothing.

did a quick look at Dell Italian web site and found this : http://www.dell.com/it/p/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/pd?oc=cn55715&model_id=inspiron-15-5567-laptop
seems the 2in1 in Italy are quite expensive... over 900euros..

for the record...
My wife just did her Master's and we tried 3 different type of Laptops, one she bough thinking bigger is better 17" Dell, that was a mistake at close to 12 lbs... then eventually she got this lovely Dell 2-in-1 Support for Inspiron 3148 of course not a new model now, but lasted 3 years and battery life on it was lovely came with hdd not ssd, combined with google drive she could transfer her data to her desktop when she got home to make her papers or jus print them, it is a 12" monitor and weight nothing.

did a quick look at Dell Italian web site and found this : http://www.dell.com/it/p/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/pd?oc=cn55715&model_id=inspiron-15-5567-laptop
seems the 2in1 in Italy are quite expensive... over 900euros..

for the record this is a newer model the one my wife used light i3 cpu, no ssd mind you only 600 euros but http://www.dell.com/it/p/inspiron-13-5368-2-in-1-laptop/pd?oc=cn53601&model_id=inspiron-13-5368-2-in-1-laptop

Solution

Themneboss

Estimable
Jul 20, 2015
Thank you guys so much for taking your time to help me, I am grateful, especially to you The Paladin !
Both of the Laptops you have suggested meet my needs, I think I will go for the newer model of your wife's Laptop and save the remaing money :D
Once again, I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to help me!
Kind regards and all the best to you in the future!