Unknown Drive on laptop

reynerd

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
i187WdR

So i went to fix my friends laptop because it was Slow very slow and i went to defraf the hdd and noticed at the bottom of all the drives i could defrag their was this \\?\volume drive. C an any one shed some light on what this is

Solution
It might be the hidden partition which stores the backup Image of Windows.

If you have Windows 7 or 8 then the computer is eligible to upgrade to W10 for free when that comes out. I suggest considering that.

When I upgraded my dad's Vista laptop (2GB of system memory, slow 250GB HDD) it was ridiculously slow. After the upgrade it was incredibly fast.

Seriously, it took over SEVEN MINUTES to boot in Vista. Probably a glitch but I couldn't fix it. Booting to Windows 8 was 30 seconds!
It might be the hidden partition which stores the backup Image of Windows.

If you have Windows 7 or 8 then the computer is eligible to upgrade to W10 for free when that comes out. I suggest considering that.

When I upgraded my dad's Vista laptop (2GB of system memory, slow 250GB HDD) it was ridiculously slow. After the upgrade it was incredibly fast.

Seriously, it took over SEVEN MINUTES to boot in Vista. Probably a glitch but I couldn't fix it. Booting to Windows 8 was 30 seconds!

Solution

reynerd

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
i apologize for the late reply i haven't been online much lately.

I used CCleaner to scan for registry errors and well it found over 700. After i selected fix all My friend told me he got a HUGE speed boost and as for the unknown drive should i just leave it alone