unlock q6600 multiplier

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rubix_1011

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Um, that 'greyed out' screen shot isn't mine...I didn't post that one. Take a look back. And I don't understand the problem with simple math...apparently there is a big difference for taking a screen shot at idle than under load to you guys when it clearly shows what the FSB is running at. There are reasons I DON'T leave it at this...3.6 is a lot more stable, I haven't sat down and really drilled into it much yet since I got the new RAM. But, if it helps you to feel better about yourself, go ahead.

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Shadow apparently you didn't get the joke.. Sorry man!

As for anything else.. I don't (and doubt most other people do) care what your idle is. Or how your temps are idle. Or anything about your idle. I don't feel better for busting your balls.

There is a reason we have some basic standards.. Kinda like the guy who was claiming a 4.0 GHz stable Q6600 OC on air with awesome temps... He was using one thread of P95.

The regular in the OC forum are pretty much put up or shut up. Sorry that bothers you.

rubix_1011

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
My apologies...didn't realize it was meant to be that blatant of a joke. Like I said, I am still in the process of tweaking and finding the sweet spot. It's not like I have a ton of spare time to sit and tweak settings...its an on and off process. Here is about where I am stable right now...give or take a small bump in the FSB. Prime95 doesn't run too long at the 412FSB mark, but I need to loosen up timings a bit more and play with my proc volts. Just to make everyone happy, here is the current load CPU-z shots...didn't realize this would turn into such a volitile thread over a couple of screenshots...

nukemaster

Distinguished
Fake screen? where

cpushf5.gif

clearly the Shadow703793 one was a joke....i thought it was funnt

Evilonigiri

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007

Funny to us.

But nukemaster's is funnier when noobies believe them. :pt1cable: