Unlocked vs Verizon ready

May 11, 2019
Can I avoid Verizon Crapware? What are advantages of bringing an unlocked Android phone to Verizon vs a Verizon ready phone?

May 11, 2019
If you don't have a Verizon branded phone, then you won't have all the applications they install on their devices.
That's my goal. There are several "crapware" apps on my current Samsung Verizon branded phone. e.g. NFL Mobile, Audible, Flipboard, go90, Peel Smart Remote, etc. These apps take up memory and are impossible to delete. These apps have to be upgraded everytime Google releases a new version of Android and that delays the upgrade that I receive. Verizon refuses to list the apps that they install. I'm just wondering if there are any of those apps which I actually need.

That's my goal. There are several "crapware" apps on my current Samsung Verizon branded phone. e.g. NFL Mobile, Audible, Flipboard, go90, Peel Smart Remote, etc. These apps take up memory and are impossible to delete. These apps have to be upgraded everytime Google releases a new version of Android and that delays the upgrade that I receive. Verizon refuses to list the apps that they install. I'm just wondering if there are any of those apps which I actually need.

No you don't "need" any of the programs they install. NFL Mobile was nice to have, it was included free with service, I used it a few times. Everything else I just ignore. They have account management apps also but you may be able to just get that from the Android Play Store.