Question Unresponsive In The Van

Gemaki

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
Hi, I'm hoping someone has a clue to what is happening to this phone! This is my first 'real' phone, so I'm new to this whole thing. I have an LG Premier Pro LTE with Tracfone service. The reason I got the phone last September is because I need it for work... I drive a school van. The phone started being unresponsive a few months ago, I have called both LG and Tracfone and they refuse to talk to me about the issue, they just want me to factory restore it. The only time it happens is IN THE VAN. (Yes, hi karma, kiss my butt.) I at first assumed that it was because I had the heat on in the winter, but if the phone is too hot, wouldn't the metal backing of the phone be warm also? Is there any electronic interference possibility? I've been told it's the battery, but this phone's battery is not removable. I've tried keeping it in my purse away from the heat, but it doesn't seem to matter. My last resort is to use a cold-pack, but I haven't tried it yet. Thanks for reading!

You would feel the heat if it was hot enough to cause issues, and most phones will actually tell you that they are overheating and will turn down the screen or shut down.

There are millions of phones used in cars/vans/buses every day with no issues. For example, the kids in the van probably have phones (unless they are way too young, but many kids have phones at 10 hehe), and you can check with them if they are working OK. Your phone is pretty low end, and those do have heat issues and even just failure issues, more so that the higher end stuff. My daughter had an even better LG phone, double the cost of the one you have, and hers would overheat, where my Samsung S7 would not, in the same temperature.

How exactly is is not responsive, are applications slow to load or are you talking about the internet and web pages and such not loading?

Gemaki

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
It will not come on, and after tapping repeatedly and then pressing the button, it slowly shows very very faint icons, then it eventually restarts.

Gemaki

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
Another thing I noticed, if I keep it in the case, it's not happening that often. I am going to keep the cover off and keep it in a reinforced case from now on, and see if that works.

Gemaki

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
I think I figured it out. I have been keeping a cold pack wrapped in a towel in my purse with the phone and it hasn't happened since. So yesterday, I reinstalled an app that I had suspected, and after my afternoon run (with the cold pack in my purse) the phone was unresponsive again. I uninstalled the app (Blokada) and wrote the developer to let him know. Such a shame, I hate ads! Thanks everyone for your time and responses!