Update: Xbox Live is Back Online in Time for the Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Well, normally IDC about Live much, but dodging the question sparks curiosity on just why it was done.[/citation]

Indeed. I've tried to contact some PR folk to get to the bottom of this. Unfortunately, we may not see a response for a while. All I've gotten out of Xbox Support is the same response. Stay tuned!

- Catherine Cai

SlitelyOff

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]^^ LOL.. Best comment I've read all week! Nice one and so true![/citation]

No, my son is in the 4th grade (this coming up school year) and he doesn't have a microphone...so there!

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Either it's a slow news day or the world is screwed if XBL ever goes down for a period of a day or more. This seems to have been the big tech story everywhere today lol.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
whew thank god now i can get back to playing my extremely out of date 6/1/2 year console and log back in to my subpar preimum online service that i have to shell out 50 dollars a year for. For a second there i didn't know what I was going to do with myself, but now MS has saved me from going insane.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
LOL you're all so cool. I bet when you clicked "Post my useless dribble about how Xbox is crap" you all felt accomplished enough to justify collecting welfare.

But I love the one comment about how they're dodging the question... Of course they are, it's not for us to know why it went down, it could have simply been an internal problem given how fast they got it back up.

You kids need to relax and go back to throwing thousands of dollars at your PC knowing you'll never need anything that powerful, then complain everyone else is stupid because you wasted thousands of dollars on a GPU you'll never need.

God the blunt of you are just far too intelligent for my blood.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]snowzsan[/nom]LOL you're all so cool. I bet when you clicked "Post my useless dribble about how Xbox is crap" you all felt accomplished enough to justify collecting welfare.But I love the one comment about how they're dodging the question... Of course they are, it's not for us to know why it went down, it could have simply been an internal problem given how fast they got it back up.You kids need to relax and go back to throwing thousands of dollars at your PC knowing you'll never need anything that powerful, then complain everyone else is stupid because you wasted thousands of dollars on a GPU you'll never need.God the blunt of you are just far too intelligent for my blood.[/citation]

Don't bring needs into a gaming argument. There are no needs here. This is wants and desires. We don't need to play video games of any kind, so bringing needs into this is going to only going to be detrimental to the argument's relevance. Furthermore, most PC gamers don't spend nearly that much money on their computers and they most certainly do use at least most of their GPU's performance.

Furthermore, knowing why it went down is not something that we shouldn't be able to demand. If they got hacked in some way, then If I was an Xbox Live user, I'd like to know if there's something that I should be worried about and prepare for such as taking precautionary action to ensure that any credit/debit card info, passwords, and more are kept more secure and or changed and watched further.

Status
Not open for further replies.