Upgrade Aspire E1-531G

Teodor Dokov

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
Hello! First, I have to say that my english is not verry good and i apologize for that.

I have some questions for my notebook. I have Aspire E1-531G wit this spec.
-Pentium intel 2020M 2.40ghz
-8GB RAM
-1TH HDD SATA
-Nvidia GF710 with 2GB

So, I want to upgrade my notebook. I want do change my processor with 3rd generation i7. I want to remove my 8GB of ram and replace with 16 GB of ram. And want to remove my DVD, on his place to put the SATA HDD and to add 256GB SSD.

So, can I make all of this? Can u help me with tips?

Solution
Laptops are not meant to be upgradeable. The CPU on this Acer is BGA packaging, which means it is soldered on the motherboard.

As for Memory and HDD - you can do that, but I doubt it is worth. ANd you better swap original HDD with SSD, I am not sure you can boot off a disk in the caddy.
Replacing DVD with another HDD is on per-case basis, you better check Acer forums for advice.

/off: Английския ти е добър, но не пиши като южно-азиатец (няма такава дума, "u") - това дразни много.
Laptops are not meant to be upgradeable. The CPU on this Acer is BGA packaging, which means it is soldered on the motherboard.

As for Memory and HDD - you can do that, but I doubt it is worth. ANd you better swap original HDD with SSD, I am not sure you can boot off a disk in the caddy.
Replacing DVD with another HDD is on per-case basis, you better check Acer forums for advice.

/off: Английския ти е добър, но не пиши като южно-азиатец (няма такава дума, "u") - това дразни много.

Solution

Ouyeah

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
well just in case someone looks for an answer... i succesfully upgraded this model from a B960 to i5 2450m, te chipset was HM77 and had dedicated video as well... Nvidia 710m, and i upgraded memory also... i used a 4gb zeppelin 1333 mhz and voltage of 1.50v...