Upgradeing from stone ages!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jt0542

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Ok so i just got a new rig its 2 i7 extreme 3930k processors 3 gtx 590 24gb ram and 2 ssd drives with 2 1500w psu's but technicly its my dad's but he never games on it. Its water cooled and the fastest thing in my area by far. But im wanting to get into laptops more because my rig and my dad's are very powerful but not portable at all. I was looking at a toshiba laptop http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214506 and i think its pretty solid. But i was wondering i know it has the apu which has the integrated grpahics built in the core i do beleive. I wanted to know if i could 1. Upgrade the apu resulting in better cores + better graphics or 2. upgrade the graphics by adding in a new graphics card. Also i want to know how you can tell if you can upgrade the graphics on a laptop aswell as the processor. And i wanted to know if there is a very cheap laptop out there that is very upgradeable. Thanks so much!