Upgrading from Bose Companion 3

dansgas1000

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Hi guys, for my birthday I Bose Companion 3 speakers which are not loud enough and when turned up the bass goes away and there is too much treble, not many mid-tones. I have been looking at these speakers: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-S530D-Including-Control-Dig-Out/dp/B003KN28JU/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1358875999&sr=1-1

Now I need to know the difference between these and the Companion 3's.

Firstly the companion 3's cost £249 in the UK new. The Edifier S530D cost about £180. Will the bass and volume be much mor epowerful than the companion 3's? Is it a good deal, will I feel a difference between the two. I think I can still sell the Companion 3's for about £200 or £220 but would take longer to sell (I am talking about eBay or something) as the Companion 3's are in mint condition pretty much.

If you can find another PC speaker system under £250 with much volume and bass post here please and I really want some replies so I can whack out my tunes even better.

Thanks.

generally speaking bose is utter garbage unless you buy the absolute top of the line they offer. they are well known to use inferior parts and cover it up with electronics and technology to make them sound decent.

why not look into logitech 2.1 or 5.1 sets? while perhaps not the best you can buy, they are good for the value and volume/bass is typically not a problem.

my 10 year old 5.1 logitech set which was under $200 could just about shake pictures off the walls.

dansgas1000

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
In that last sentence if you really do mean that, can you find a good 2.1 logitech set for me please? Remember i do not want it all bass but i di like bass but still like a small blance

z623 or z313 are 2.1 sets.

the first is their higher end model which i havent used but most likely has better quality sound. the second is a cheap model for typical users which sounds decent for the price.

while not audiophile quality by any means they are normally good enough.

--

yes, my one logitech set is 10 years old and still works perfectly. while it may not actually shake the pictures off the walls, if you turn it up you can definitely hear it outside block walls or at the other end of an 80ft house through the interior walls. at those levels though you are likely to suffer hearing damage over time.

like i said, more than loud enough. it was a 5.1 set with the larger subwoofer.

the 2.1 set may not have quite that much sub depending on the model you pick. i'd pick one with a larger subwoofer box (just look at the photos).

dansgas1000

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Thanks for you answer. I have also been looking at the Edifier S730D, the reviews are all very good. I will check out those logitechs later.

BrownPerfection

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
No bass? Wtf I could feel the bass even at low volumes. Try turning the knob in the back of the module. Also tweak with your equalizer. That will make a difference.