Upgrading hp laptop

hhugo Hugo

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Hello there.It's the first time i'm posting in the forums but i actually follow the forums for quite some time.
So i own a HP G62.
It's kinda crap and is getting old but i don't really got the money to buy a new one.
I'm kinda of a "gamer", but this laptop cannot run games at decent fps and ALWAYS overheats,even when i'm doing normal tasks.
I want to know if there is any Component that i can upgrade that is compatible with the laptop that will help me increse the fps.
Right now i can play Crossfire with (50-130 FPS)
I'm looking to play Cossfire with graphics on Medium smoothly, would help allot.Also i'm buying Coolmer faster Note-Pal X3 cooling stand, and i hope that the overheat problems go away.

If you can help me anyhow,i would apreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Installing a SSD will not really affect the overall heat generated by the laptop. The main components generating heat would be the CPU and the GPU (if there is one). I would try to clean the laptop as much as possible especially dirt near the vents.

The last resort would be to take the laptop apart to clean off the old thermal paste and apply new thermal paste.

volksman

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
I don't know a whole lot about this laptop specifically, HP makes a ton of models. I will say this:

1. SSDs run cooler than Hard Disks. If you can, upgrade this and it will lower internal temps
2. Clean the fans and air ports of dust and grime, this will make a huge difference
3. Most laptops have been designed to handle the thermal loads they generate, if yours is not, I would bet that it is dirty.

Installing a SSD will not really affect the overall heat generated by the laptop. The main components generating heat would be the CPU and the GPU (if there is one). I would try to clean the laptop as much as possible especially dirt near the vents.

The last resort would be to take the laptop apart to clean off the old thermal paste and apply new thermal paste.

Solution