Upgrading my audio setup.

Devin Martinez

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
I am currently using using the Sennheiser hd800 open-back headphones with the O2+ODAC REV amp/dac with 0 modifications. I've heard the hd800 is a very picky headphone when it comes to amps, but I am not entirely sure what that means. I understand that tube amps sound different than solid state amps, but can the differences between two solid state or tube headphone amps be worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Devin

Solution
There are differences between headphone amps and whether the difference is worth the price is a personal choice.
The better the headphones and the quality of your music files the more you will hear the difference. Some headphones are designed for their sound quality without concern for how hard they are to drive.
Suggest you check out www.headfi.org
There are differences between headphone amps and whether the difference is worth the price is a personal choice.
The better the headphones and the quality of your music files the more you will hear the difference. Some headphones are designed for their sound quality without concern for how hard they are to drive.
Suggest you check out www.headfi.org

Solution