Solved! upgrading ram more than supported

Nov 30, 2019
Hello I have asus s400-ca ca111h the max ram that should be in this laptop is 8 gb.
Currently I have two slots with 4 ram in it.
I would like to upgrade to more than 8gb of ram.
My question is if it possible to put more than 8 gb and it will be ok?
and if there is a limitation of the size per slot of the ram ( is it possible to put one slut of 8 gb?)
this is my chipset model:
Motherboard
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model S400CA (SOCKET 0)
Version 1.0
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Ivy Bridge
Chipset Revision 09
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model HM76
Southbridge Revision 04
BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version S400CA.209
Date 14/05/2013

details of the current ram:

Memory slots
Total memory slots 4
Used memory slots 1
Free memory slots 3
Memory
Type DDR3
Size 8078 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 798.7 MHz

Solution
What you said you have and what you list as "details of the current RAM" don't match. You said you have two 4gb ram sticks, your post shows you have one 8 gb stick. For a system from 2013, adding more than 8 RAM won't help you with speeds. If you don't have a solid state drive, get one of those instead of the RAM.

With some systems they can see more RAM than the vendor stated max, but that is on a system by system basis.
What you said you have and what you list as "details of the current RAM" don't match. You said you have two 4gb ram sticks, your post shows you have one 8 gb stick. For a system from 2013, adding more than 8 RAM won't help you with speeds. If you don't have a solid state drive, get one of those instead of the RAM.

With some systems they can see more RAM than the vendor stated max, but that is on a system by system basis.

Solution