Solved! URGENT - NEED HELP WITH BUYING A GAMING LAPTOP

Jul 21, 2020
Ok, so I put Gaming Laptop because I figured a gaming laptop provides the most power. I will most likely be using it for video editing/rendering and photoshop. Maybe some occasional video gaming. I do need help because my budget is 2K and it's my big first purchase. Every website I look at separates laptops by uses and then you have add-ons on checkout - increasing memory and performance. I want something that is good to go, under 2K, reliable, warranty, powerful and good overall track record. I also want something that will power future games (2 years from now) with no issues. I will really really appreciate your help.

I found the below laptop
Alienware m17 R2 P41E

Every store will sell me on what they have and would really appreciate expert advice, thank you.

John

Solution
Unless you have a need to move around with the computer often you are better off getting a desktop and a cheaper laptop for general use when traveling. Cheaper, faster, more reliable.

If you do need a portable fast system, I like www.xoticpc.com for gaming laptops, they have a very good sort option and easy to configure and customize. Anything in your price range will be good for several years with no issues as far as speed goes. For reliability, laptops are way behind desktops especially in the gaming area where heat and motherboard issues are way more common in laptops.
Unless you have a need to move around with the computer often you are better off getting a desktop and a cheaper laptop for general use when traveling. Cheaper, faster, more reliable.

If you do need a portable fast system, I like www.xoticpc.com for gaming laptops, they have a very good sort option and easy to configure and customize. Anything in your price range will be good for several years with no issues as far as speed goes. For reliability, laptops are way behind desktops especially in the gaming area where heat and motherboard issues are way more common in laptops.

Solution