US Says China is World's Biggest Cyber-Theft Perpetrator

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
but because the United States has never engaged in anything similar, ever.

I lol'd when I read this. I would have to Agree with GreatSaltedOne. Its not that we wouldn't engage in stealing trade secrets, but really what research and technology processes would we want to steal from China, how to mandate a government firewall 101?

G

According to Symantec the biggest cyber-theft perpetrator is Mexico THEN followed by China and Brasil.

brothermist

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Hey, don't take her ignorant post and associate the rest of us Americans with it.[/citation]
No personal attack meant. :) When I refer to "the people of the US" I mean it generally, I am well aware that, especially now, there are a growing number of people who are removing their blinders, and revolting against their televisions. Also, I'm just some douche on the internet. :)

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]brothermist[/nom]No personal attack meant. When I refer to "the people of the US" I mean it generally, I am well aware that, especially now, there are a growing number of people who are removing their blinders, and revolting against their televisions. Also, I'm just some douche on the internet.[/citation]
Oh, I was half-way troll'n. Troll'n, troll'n, troll'n.

brothermist

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Anonymous of Alabama_[/nom]According to Symantec the biggest cyber-theft perpetrator is Mexico THEN followed by China and Brasil.[/citation]
Pfft... coming to the table with your own research and an ability to think for yourself... Don't question, man, follow, just follow! ;)

brothermist

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Oh, I was half-way troll'n. Troll'n, troll'n, troll'n.[/citation]
I've been out douched! +1 for successful troll. ;)

G

I don't know why but when I read this story I'm reminded of Command & Conquer, where if you play as China you can train hackers to get money instead of harvesting.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]edvinasm[/nom]Study: Chinese Cyber-Threat is 'Rudimentary'http://www.tomsguide.com/us/chines [...] 13067.htmland now US Says China is World's Biggest Cyber-Theft Perpetrator ???So who's right?[/citation]

not exactly, alot of what china does is partner with other people/companies, once it learns what it thinks is enough about the tech, they kick them out, pirate the tech, and try to put it to use. most recent one was a train, they partnered with a Japanese company, kicked them out, pirated tech made the train, and it derailed, killing i believe 180+ and the government promptly buried it.

the problem with china is the allure of 1 billion + people to get money from, so many companies will gladly share tech with them, in hopes they make money, but they get cut off and are left with nothing to gain much of the time.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]DalaiLamar[/nom]Who can trust the US nowadays?[/citation]

well we don't sell out harmful propaganda, and strong arm other first world countries and intimidate them for no real reason other than to say, we could end you, at any time, but we don't. more often than not we help...

and i'm disregarding military in the middle east because i have mixed feelings about that i don't want to go into.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
U.S. Intelligence officials forgot to mentioned that China gov indirectly pays their salary because China buy US gov debt which pay these "Intelligence officials". lol Know ur place U.S. Intelligence officials

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Chinese = ants, they have no innovation and that's why the US will always defeat them on every front from Milatary to Economic.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]U.S. Intelligence officials forgot to mentioned that China gov indirectly pays their salary because China buy US gov debt which pay these "Intelligence officials". lol Know ur place U.S. Intelligence officials[/citation]

Ouch. Really? Really? Oh...how the truth hurts. You just had to pull the debt card didn't ya. :heink:

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]V8VENOM[/nom]Chinese = ants, they have no innovation and that's why the US will always defeat them on every front from Milatary to Economic.[/citation]
Can we all have some of that kool aid you're drinking, it must be good stuff.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
I just find it ironic. The US government/private corps talking about 'theft' like their crap doesn't stink? Wow, here's me thinking we had a Federal Reserve system that has still to be investigated and audited! You know, that small issue of insane amounts of public money being pissed away. Daft things like that. Then there's the issue of who owns the debt, and who therefore calls the shots in Washington. The thieves are the people who say jump - the politician's are the people who say "how high?" They're in bed with each other on a global scale but hey, that big bad China.. we better fear them weird people. It's fine when one can point the finger at some nameless entity, isn't it..until that is, the fingers start pointing at you. I think the American public is getting wise to what's really happening in this country (finally), and who actually runs the show. Whether the American people can actually do something about it for the better.. remains to be seen. Ugly isn't a word to describe the debt bubble in this country, or the theft of public funds to feed private interests that will destroy the country before they give in.

G

god bless USA. i dont see any better hope in the next ten years for this country beside another battlefield with some thirdworld country. or maybe war with china. by that time = end of the world.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Look, the bottom line is that Chinese women are typically especially beautiful and they can probably play Crysis...so show some love. It's not the people's fault their gov't is a little wack.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Somewhat contradicting news articles coming one after another, but this more fits in line with how I see things.

As I explained in another news article, China has already been traced to multiple espionage and hacking activities in numerous countries, including US, Canada, Japan and South Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.