USB Adapter disabling keyboard

Xxcookid123xX

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
Hi, this is just a simple but really pissing me off because I can't find a fix.
Recently my tablet fell off my desk, would be fine if someone didn't stupidly throw a nut into my room, so it fell on that and because the tablet was a cheap piece of crap the touchscreen broke.
I'm using an adapter now but I can't use google, games with typing, youtube, or anything with typing except for google play because of how it keeps the search bar selected.
For example, I'm trying to get into my account on a game called growtopia but the password is old, so I have to write my correct one. But once I select it, no keyboard pops up. I thought that getting my usb keyboard would help, but when I unplug the mouse, not even the full adapter, the keyboard decides to pop up until I plug in anything back into the adapter. I tried using a theme or a "hackers keyboard" (a keyboard with alt, fn, esc, etc) but nothing worked. Help?

Solution
It could be like something similar I was experiencing with my computer -- in the Windows 7 device manager, check each of your USB Hubs and related items' properties, and look for the Power Management tab -- and try unchecking the "allow... turn off to save power" checkbox/option.

Hafiz Tronics

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
It could be like something similar I was experiencing with my computer -- in the Windows 7 device manager, check each of your USB Hubs and related items' properties, and look for the Power Management tab -- and try unchecking the "allow... turn off to save power" checkbox/option.

Solution