Solved! Usb C laptop charger repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2020
My Lenovo 65W Usb C charger died, male end that plugs in went bad. Cut off the end of another usb C cable. Thing is, the Lenovo charger wires have the thick foil, a red wire and a blue wire.

The usb c male end that I'm trying to attach has black red white and green. Sadly I don't have access to a multimeter right now so I have no way to figure it out through that method. Looking for some help.

Solution
You need to go buy a cheap multimeter. They can be had for not much over $10 (just one step up from junk but good enough for what you need). Make sure to compare the voltages to the nintendo charger before you plug it in.
Dec 2, 2020
Are you sure it's the charger that went bad and not the port on the laptop? I have seen quite a few USB C ports fail but very few chargers.

The male end of the cable went bad. I can charge my laptop with my nintendo switch charger it just charges slow and the cord is short. I had s spare usb C cable I figure I'd be able to splice to the end of the Lenovo cable to fix the issue and give it extra length.

Status
Not open for further replies.