Question USB devices not connecting through any port / adapter

Feb 9, 2022
Hi all.
Not sure what to do here...
Laptop updated to windows 11, but nothing can resolve this. roll backs, reinstalls etc...
USB3 ports no longer work. Cant even seem to get power going through them.
USBC ports do work, power goes through them and i can directly connect my Mobile with it showing up in portable devices on device manager.
However, when using a USBC hub to connect a USB3 device (stick / portable hdds etc) none are recognised or show up. Nothing shows up in anything on device manager, no connecting sounds, nothing.
Ive reinstalled USB drivers, updated the power options for all USB bus controllers, but i cant get anything to show up.
All these devices work on my desktop / other laptops.

Feb 9, 2022
msi gf65

all usb controllers etc are up to date or 'using latest drivers' etc

installed bios is E16W1IMS.10C. I have downloaded the .50C version online - being the 'latest' on their website, but i have no way of installed it on a USB device to install it. not aware of a way to install it direct without updating through bios

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022
when you plug in the device does it make the connection sound?
look for error in the device manager?
No sounds. Device manager doesnt read them, no errors shown. none shown as hidden devices.
Plugging in my mobile to the USBC does give a connection sound. HDMI also creates connection sounds, but not via a USBC hub. Nothing connected through that shows up, although they do on alternative machines. Its as if anything that has a USB1/2/3 connection no longer works whether being connected to or from that connector type.