Usb head phone not working so i had to cut the wires b/c usb plug is broken..

mrA_02

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
5 wires come out of head phone green , blue , red , golden , and some bare wire golden color too ..cut old mouse wire that has only 4 wires ..red , yellow , green and white..any way i can fix this..?

Solution
it sounds like they are using a nonstandard coloring scheme. now i would think they replaced blue with white but i would highly suggest you cut apart the plug end and with your own eyes see which pins they wired the cables up to in order to make sure (and wire it up to the correct colors on the mouse cable.

once you figure out the direction/order the odd colors are wired on the plug you should be able to use the diagrams above to wire to the correct colors on the mouse cable.

assuming its a usb plug issue, that should fix it (assuming good soldered connection and wrapped in electrical tape. personally i'd use a diy usb end as its more clean but thats up to you. regardless since the colors dont *quite* match up with usb specs i'd check...
that really doesnt give enough details to give a solution. what exactly did you do/try?

-did you buy a replacement DIY usb plug
-did you solder on the wires in the correct order (double check)
-are you absolutely sure it was the usb plug that was the issue (perhaps it was not the issue)

mrA_02

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
ok i'll explain a little better..some time back i fixed it by soldering wires ..the wires got really small near the usb plug so it was very difficult to solder it back again.so i opened up the usb plug hoping to find space to resolder the wires but they were sealed in rubber , so i thought i have old mouse i cut its usb wire ..there are 5 wires coming out of head phone one of which is shield wire whatever that is , its in pic u sent.from first to last is as follow red , yellow (gold) , green , blue..thats the combination in volume control area when i open it. now the mouse has these wires green , red , white and yellow doesn't have shield wire

it sounds like they are using a nonstandard coloring scheme. now i would think they replaced blue with white but i would highly suggest you cut apart the plug end and with your own eyes see which pins they wired the cables up to in order to make sure (and wire it up to the correct colors on the mouse cable.

once you figure out the direction/order the odd colors are wired on the plug you should be able to use the diagrams above to wire to the correct colors on the mouse cable.

assuming its a usb plug issue, that should fix it (assuming good soldered connection and wrapped in electrical tape. personally i'd use a diy usb end as its more clean but thats up to you. regardless since the colors dont *quite* match up with usb specs i'd check for myself by cutting apart the plug on the headset.

Solution

mrA_02

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
red , yellow , green , blue was the combination.. now had another usb wire with colors red , white , green blue..
made connection with same colors and yellow to white..now says usb device malfunctioned in windows