Use ac power only on built-in battery laptop?

proxezz

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
I have Aspire E 14 and i wanted to play games on it, but my the problem is, the battery drain faster when playing games and i have to recharge it every 1 hour. Also using battery power prevent me from using high performance, and that makes it less fun for me to play. The only time i can play on high performance is when charging the battery. So is there a way for me play games for a longer time without having to recharge it so often? or is there an app out there that can turn off the battery power so that i can use it on ac power?

Solution

The power cord is not just for charging the laptop, you can just leave it plugged in. It may have an affect on the battery but new systems are pretty good about managing charging the battery to keep the...
As long as the laptop is plugged into mains power, you should be able to play on high performance whether the battery is being charged, or is already fully charged. Unless Acer does things oddly different from my experience with other brands.

The power cord is not just for charging the laptop, you can just leave it plugged in. It may have an affect on the battery but new systems are pretty good about managing charging the battery to keep the battery from dying faster due to too many charging cycles or being plugged in all the time.

Solution

You mean when it's AC-plugged in. This makes sense as the AC gives you additional juice?

If battery alone don't give you enough juice then it's either a worn battery, or it was designed not to run full power on batt. Oh wait, it could be as simple as on your Power Setting, you have configured it, WHEN ON BATTERY, to run on Power Saving Mode. And how does it power save? lower performance duh. Easily re-configured but battery will die sooner.

There no magic dude. Faster=more gas, and have to stop sooner for a fill-up.