Used or new laptop?

vankatabg

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015
Good day! I am looking to buy a laptop and i need an advice.
I am a student and i'm currently working on a program by the university for summer work. It's required. Anyways, i found a cool place to do it and i'm basically gonna work with programs like Unity 3D, Unreal Engine 4, SolidWorks etc. I passed two years of university without buying a laptop but i think i finally need to buy one... At university we also work with Visual Studio etc.
I'm currently stuck with "should i buy a new one or a used one". If i'm gonna buy a new one, it must be a new generation and stuff, with a good dedicated video card so i won't need to buy a new one for some time (i will be forced to buy it on a leasing, or whatever it's called and my budget will be around 1000-1200 leva or 500-600 us dollars). On the other hand i kinda found some budget used one:
HP Compaq ProBook 6470b and it comes with two different models of i5's:
Intel Core i5-3320M 2.60GHz (2.60GHz, Up to 3.30GHz 3MB L3) / 4096MB / 250GB / No CD/DVD / Display Port / Web Camera / 14"
Intel Core i5-3230M 2.60GHz (2.60GHz, Up to 3.20GHz, 3MB L3) / 4096MB / 320GB / No CD/DVD / Display Port / Web Camera / 14"
It's price is 300 leva, or around 150 us dollars.(i have that much in cash, so not gonna be on a leasing)

Just advise me what is better, please...i also like gaming, but that's not gonna happen with the used one(except for old titles). On the other hand i don't have the time...
Also if anybody has an idea of a new or a used model around those price ranges (500-600 for new, 150 for used) please share it and i'll try and find it in my area!

Thank you!

they are basically the same processor.if u want to game then both of this choice is a no go.(unless u like old titles).for 500-600usd u can get an acer with a 6th/7th gen i5 with an nvidia gt 940mx which should be a bang for your buck.

vankatabg

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015

I was thinking if i get this used one just to work with it, maybe watch some movies and play some old titles and gather money for the black friday and try and find a good deal there.
But do you have any specific model of laptop you can suggest?
Thank you!

vankatabg

Estimable
Sep 6, 2015

I would agree with that, but still 4 GB of RAM is still enough for most of the stuff you normally do. I browsed some acer laptops as the person from above suggested in that price range and they usually come with 4 GB of RAM.
Yes, maybe for that specific used laptop, 8 GB would be great since (as far as i know) the integrated graphics have no VRAM so they share the ram with the processor.