Using A Gaming Laptop As A Desktop Replacement

M1A1AbramsTanker

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
I currently use my Lenovo Y50 a lot more then my desktop, although my desktop is much more powerful, so I'm thinking about going completely mobile. What I'm wondering is the following:

If I use a laptop as my only PC how long can I expect it to last? (Note: I will be using a cooling pad when gaming.)

If I use a cooling pad while gaming will this more than likely take care of any GPU/CPU heat issues?

I'm thinking about one of the following:

Sager NP9773-S
MSI GT Series GT72 Dominator Pro G-1423
EON17-X

All are 17.3" screens.

Any opinions on any of these laptops?

Thanks in advance.............

Scott

GeRgY

Admirable
Hello mate!

All of these laptops are heavy machines but i will advice you for one of them. -> ORIGIN !
I know about their way of building gaming machines and i am sure that if you took one of them... you will be proud of it.
Next-Gen EON17-X got one of the best design i ever saw.

Cooling pad is recommended for this type of machines (a little cooling pad). You wont get heat issues for sure :)

p.s. all of these laptops are good enough! But you know... the brand make Sales ;) +1 from me to Origin !

syceo

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I would definitely suggest either a clevo or sager . I myself opted for a XMG P724 as a desktop replacement. 980m SLI,120HZ screen, 16GB hyperx ram, i7 4910MQ cpu , plays everygame at max settings, its portable ect ect. A great desktop replacement (and the components are upgradable ie GPU, CPU and so on.