Solved! Using Earphones as a Mic (URGENT)

Apr 7, 2021
So I have this ongoing problem for a while now and I don't know what to do to fix it. I've searched every forum and watched every single video on this planet but I simply cannot fix it.

Basically I wanted to use my earphones as a headset in my computer. But the problem is: my front panel has those separate jacks, one for the mic and one for the sound, and I don't have a splitter. So my first attempt to solve this problem was to address one port to be both of them using the audio console, proving later to be the first failure of this quest.
Assuming that I cannot put one port to act as the two of them, I decided to receive the sound from the TV and use the earphones as the only the mic. Turned out that this also didn't work. I've tried to plug in all of the possible ports on my computer, both in the front panel and in the rear panel and none of them seemed to work. When I use as a audio receiver I can hear perfectly but the mic just isn't working and I don't know why.
When I'm at the audio settings and mark the box to hear the mic device, all I hear is some weird noises and some static.

I've downloaded all the most recent drivers, tried to mess up in the control panel, tried to use the realtek audio console and nothing worked.

I think this is probably a software thing but I don't know how to fix it and I really need this mic working asap.

Solution
You need to buy the correct adapter for your earphones to split the mic and audio signals to the computer. It's called a 4 pole to dual 3 pole adapter.