Using iPod With 2 wireless speakers

elaine20

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
i have a Sony receiver. I plug the i
Pod into the output in the back od it. I currently have two huge Bose wired speakers but want to trade then out for wireless speakers. Is it possible to have i
Pod play through both wireless speakers with the iPod plugged into the receiver?

I started to say something coherent then I realize am not sure what you are asking.

By "trade" do you mean your want to use the receiver to drive the new wireless INSTEAD of the Bose?

Wireless speakers are self-powered and don't need another box to drive them. if your iPod has bluetooth, it can drive the wireless speakers directly without going through a receiver.

elaine20

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

By trade I meant swap out the old Bose with 2 wireless speakers. I am really unfamiliar with this subject and have been known to get things mixed up, but I thought in order for the iPod to work wirelessly I had to pair it and unless I misunderstood (very possible) what I've read that it will only pair with one speaker at a time. I want to avoid speaker wire if at all possible. I hope this makes sense.

I have iPhone and not iPod but as long as iPod has bluetooth and can be "paired" it's sending stereo signal.

You pair with one speaker true, more precisely with one box, but that box can have a single speaker cone, for monaural, or may have 2 speaker cones for stereo, and for some people that's good enough and satisfactory. If you are old school, or think true stereo should have two separate speakers boxes, then some wireless speakers may have a single wire tying the two boxes for stereo, or the two boxes may "talk" to each other wirelessly, but you do a single pairing nonetheless.

elaine20

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

You definitely sound like what I'm talking about SOOO could you recommend a set of speakers? I'm not really old school but I like sound from both sides...that may be old school though. They should be bluetooth? And what powers the speakers ( I don't mind power cords but speaker wire is a pain). You have been very helpful but I still don't know what speakers I need. I online chatted with a Crutchfield rep yesterday and she said call them but instead I came here.

elaine20

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

I will do that and ask regarding bluetooth with two discrete boxes and get back with you as to what they respond, thank you.