using metro pcs for internet

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have metro pcs with what they say is unlimited phone text and data. i have not used much if any data, so i have no clue yet if i do have unlimited data. i found a youtube that talks about getting some type of radio called a kuwfi modem and taking the sim card from the phone and then using that radio as a modem to get on the internet instead of using comcast,sprint etc. it muxt be a hot spot type of unit.

what i'm wondering is if anyone has done this and if it is a for real way to get internet at decent speeds for just normal internet stuff?

that youtube also talks about some kind of binge stuff for tv that is on t-mobile, may be on metro as well as i have metro. but if not i can atleast test the metro sim to see if this works?

so my guess is if you had that part of the program you could watch all sorts of tv as well and save the super high cable rates that we all have now.

so if that youtube is for real this sounds like a way to get normal internet and some tv for a way better price than say comcast or spectrum etc. has anyone here done this and just how do you go about this?

thanks

i have metro pcs with what they say is unlimited phone text and data. i have not used much if any data, so i have no clue yet if i do have unlimited data. i found a youtube that talks about getting some type of radio called a kuwfi modem and taking the sim card from the phone and then using that radio as a modem to get on the internet instead of using comcast,sprint etc. it muxt be a hot spot type of unit.

what i'm wondering is if anyone has done this and if it is a for real way to get internet at decent speeds for just normal internet stuff?

that youtube also talks about some kind of binge stuff for tv that is on t-mobile, may be on metro as well as i have metro. but if not i can atleast test the metro sim to see if this works?

so my guess is if you had that part of the program you could watch all sorts of tv as well and save the super high cable rates that we all have now.

so if that youtube is for real this sounds like a way to get normal internet and some tv for a way better price than say comcast or spectrum etc. has anyone here done this and just how do you go about this?

thanks

Yes they make modems and routers that use SIM cards and cell data, if you can do that with your MetroPCS service you will need to ask them. To test if your card will work, you would need to actually get a cell data router and try to use it.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
some tech from t-mobile said that just using the normal cell card would get me into some issues. so maybe they use some other type of a plan. he also said the magnum type plan would help but that was not a complete type plan that would replace regular type tv watching. he did not talk about binge type tv watching so that may not even be in the plan now. thanks