Question Using Wi-Fi to connect by smartphone to the internet

Aug 29, 2022
I am a first-time cellphone user. I have Wi-Fi provided by my broadband Internet provider (Comcast). From what I understand, I should be able to piggyback off the Wi-Fi I already have to connect to the Internet via my new smartphone.

Does this mean that I will not be charged for the data I use while connected to the Internet by the provider of my cellphone service? (My cellphone service is a cheap prepaid plan that runs on a GSM network).

Thank you.

Aug 29, 2022
Now that I am set up with my new Android, I have two questions to ask the community:

1) I need a free Caller ID app, since my provider does not include one. The name "Truecaller" keeps coming up at the top of the list of recommended apps, but I have read that the U.S. army has instructed its personnel to stop using it. Is it safe?

2) I also need a free password manager. For the moment I am trying out the free version of Dashlane, which supposedly allows one to save 50 passwords for free. I do not want to pay for a caller ID because this phone will be used almost exclusively for outgoing calls only. Is Dashlane a good choice?

Thank you,

Chrysalyx