Verizon Refunding $90 Million in Wrongful Charges

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]v1ze[/nom]isn't it awesome how companies can just pull charges out of their @$$ and send them to collections to ruin your credit?[/citation]

Yeah. I'm getting this collection bill from this collections company from which they got from QWEST. And I had nothing to do with QWEST. Only time I gave QWEST my info was when I tried to see if they had Internet in my area. Which they don't offer internet in my area.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]fracture[/nom]Yeah. I'm getting this collection bill from this collections company from which they got from QWEST. And I had nothing to do with QWEST. Only time I gave QWEST my info was when I tried to see if they had Internet in my area. Which they don't offer internet in my area.[/citation]
That sucks... :( Sorry to hear that man. Ugg, what a pain in the butt.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
and don't think at&t was any better. On my old phone an accidental press on the web button would result an a charge similar to the one reported by the above Verizon customers.
This is a widespread tactics to fleece customers. One dollar here, one there, it adds up pretty good over a given time.

jrnyfan

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
verizon's network is superior but their customer service has always been lacking. i'm still a verizon customer because of the phones offered and the network but i dread calling their customer service.

this news shouldn't be touted as 'verizon rights wrongs!' but rather 'verizon caught stealing, forced to do the right thing'

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
you win some you lose some. verizon is still the best over all service out of any cell company out there. Anyone that believe differently is either a liar or in denial.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]thechief73[/nom]This is a joke and so is Verizon! I had cancled my account LONG before my billing period was up and they continued to charge me untill the last day. I had to spend hours one the phone talking to countless reps. saying im out of luck until I finally arranged to have a head customer service rep. call me. He said it would be fixed, it wasnt and he wouldnt return any of my calls. I had to call back several more times to arrange for the refund which took two months to recive. And this is only one problem of many I had with those greedy b@st@rds over the years.VERIZON DOESNT CARE ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS ONE BIT just the $ you keep handing them.[/citation]

and thats different from any major corporation? with that many customers you cant make everyone happy all the time. Easy enough to say I care for my customers when you are a small business and every customer counts...when you have multiple millions of customers..lets face it...a few customers here and there...sorry your out of luck. I work for a major corporation doing tech support. When I tell them sorry I cant assist you because they call in with some asinine request or something that falls outside of my support and they threaten to cancel they get all offended when i offer to transfer them to the cancellation department.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
"When we identify errors, we remedy them as quickly as possible. Our goal is to maintain our customers' trust and ensure they receive the best experience possible."

Hmmm, but this has been a couple of years and it finally took the FCC to finally make you guys pay back.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]gmarsack[/nom]That sucks... Sorry to hear that man. Ugg, what a pain in the butt.[/citation]

Yeah, it's cool. Next time they send another bill, I'm gonna send them a picture of Chuck Norris.

G

Verizon has been screwing people for years. my friend was charged a $10 fee for sudoku every month for a year b/c the fee had no title to associate it with the game, which was supposed to be a "one time" fee. the verizon rep said, and i quote "even though it said there was a one time fee, there is a subscription charge with the game". For normal people thats not a one time fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.