Viao black screen

bertis

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
Hi, I have a Vaio laptop, it tuns on and you can hear the fan but the screen stays dark. However, you can still see the windows logo very dim on the screen if you get very close to the screen. Is like if the LED lights are not working properly, i don't know. I'm not able to see anything else.
Any suggestions?

Solution
Well it would depend on the type of screen. If LED then it may just be a loose connection. If not LED, then it is probably the inverter or backlight. First you need to look up the specs to that laptop (if you don't have them already) to see which kind of display it has.

If it is a LED, then you can open it up (if you feel comfortable doing so) and see if the connection is to the display is loose at either end. If it isn't a LED display, then you would need to get it a new inverter or backlight.

NOTE: If the device is under warranty still, then don't do any of that yourself. Instead contact the manufacturer.
Well it would depend on the type of screen. If LED then it may just be a loose connection. If not LED, then it is probably the inverter or backlight. First you need to look up the specs to that laptop (if you don't have them already) to see which kind of display it has.

If it is a LED, then you can open it up (if you feel comfortable doing so) and see if the connection is to the display is loose at either end. If it isn't a LED display, then you would need to get it a new inverter or backlight.

NOTE: If the device is under warranty still, then don't do any of that yourself. Instead contact the manufacturer.

Solution