Solved! Video no sound Sony Blu Ray BDP-BX39 with Sony Bravia XBR-65X855E and Bose 418775.

Jun 25, 2019
I just got a Sony Bravia 4K TV and hooked up the Bose sound bar via optic cable. Everything works great. I then added the Sony Blu Ray player with a brand new high quality HDMI cable to one of the HDMI ports (Not Arc). Video is fine, but no sound. I made sure the software is updated and all speakers settings are correct. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing is helping me get audio. The Blu Ray was working fine on my Samsung Smart TV but now no sound with the Sony Bravia. I even tried getting sound from the TV speaker settings but nothing works. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Solution
You are getting sound from the TV tuner/apps to the soundbar so the settings in the TV are OK.
If you are not getting sound with both the TV speakers and soundbar on the BD player only then the problem is in the BD player. Check all the settings again. Try different audio output types in the audio menu.
You are getting sound from the TV tuner/apps to the soundbar so the settings in the TV are OK.
If you are not getting sound with both the TV speakers and soundbar on the BD player only then the problem is in the BD player. Check all the settings again. Try different audio output types in the audio menu.

Solution
Jun 25, 2019
Thank you for the prompt response. I have tried every configuration available on the DVD player for audio settings and still no luck. I hooked up a Panasonic Blu Ray player and had the same problem...video yes, audio no from the Sony Bravia TV. I have the DVD player set to Audio Auto HDMI, not PCM. DSD output mode “off”, Dolby Digital/DTS is “Bitstream,” DTS Neó 6 is off Audio DRC is “auto”

Jun 25, 2019
I figured it out after playing with every possible setting. We do not have the highest speed Internet and while I don’t understand 4K technology, I know we don’t have it either. I went into the TV HDMI signal format and selected “standard” format instead of “enhanced format” and it solved the problem.