VIDEO: Nokia Uses the Lumia 900 to Hammer Nails

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]dab_du[/nom]Why doesn't he use the same nail for screen testing and when hammering it in the wood?[/citation]
Yeah, this video look like a fake.

Any way, if this new Nokia is cheap in my country (i won't pay more than 90$), i could get one.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Let's see: a strange looking hammer, used very softly, a weird change of nails...no thanks. This is just too weird. It could be a fake. Of course, we could check if we got one of these lumia.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]_TuxUser_[/nom]The Lumia 900 is as you say made by Nokia, which is the first WP device they ever made.[/citation]

Um, the Lumia 900 is not the first WP phone. It may be the first to be heavily marketed, but even that isn't true, a couple years ago, they were advertising it with an ad campaign that was saying that it was the phone you didn't have to look at much to stay connected and showed people with other phones running into things, missing their kids soccer games and what not. The add campaign failed, needless to say.

The Lumia 900 is probably the best WP, but not the first.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]zetzabre[/nom]Yeah, this video look like a fake.Any way, if this new Nokia is cheap in my country (i won't pay more than 90$), i could get one.[/citation]
Opinion on the product aside, I don't think the video is fake, but I also don't think he's hitting it as hard as he can either.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Honestly I haven't tried any windows phone but this phone looks friggin awesome from what ive read and seen. I currently use an android based samsung transfix.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]Opinion on the product aside, I don't think the video is fake, but I also don't think he's hitting it as hard as he can either.[/citation]
I respect your opinion. But tell me. Why?
I already gave my reasons before.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]zetzabre[/nom]I respect your opinion. But tell me. Why?I already gave my reasons before.[/citation]

I say that because I've tried to nail with nails exactly of that type (a galvanized roofing nail) and tried to do so with odd things when a hammer wasn't near me. That is about what it looks like and the results I'd get as well.

G

I have a Nokia lumia after upgrading from a Motorola bravo. I have to say I love it!!!! So much faster and easier than android. Everything is on one page and you can just touch an go. I tell everyone about it. I jokingly told my fiance that I love it almost as much as I love him. Lol But seriously I did my research on both the lumia and the Iphone and tested both of them. For me the lumia is way ahead of the iPhone. I love the solid design And how easy it is to operate. So easy in fact that it's simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.