Video on Kodak camera

Oct 19, 2018
How long of a video can you record with a Kodak easy share camera? I am wanting to record my wedding & reception. But not sure if it will record that long.

Solution
Since you have the camera and the SD card, just try it.

Turn it on, press Record, see what happens.
Some digital cameras have a 29 minute limit, then you have to start the recording again. This was to differentiate between actual "video cameras". Some countries and jurisdictions had/have different taxable limits for still camera vs video camera.

Since this camera only captures in 640x480 VGA, you can likely save quite a bit of video on that 32GB card. But get a couple more, they're relatively cheap.
I can't find any specific reference from Kodak on how long that particular camera will record on a given SD card size.

The Users guide...

USAFRet

Illustrious

Which specific Easy Share?
What size SD card?

Unlikely you can do a whole wedding and reception in one take, on one SD card.
Plus, it is your wedding. Have someone else handle the camera. You have fun.

Oct 19, 2018

Well I wasn't going to do the recording myself. Was going to have someone do it with my camera. Its a Kodak Easy Share Z71215.

Oct 19, 2018

And I only have a 32 GB memory card right now, I figured I'd have to get a bigger one.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Since you have the camera and the SD card, just try it.

Turn it on, press Record, see what happens.
Some digital cameras have a 29 minute limit, then you have to start the recording again. This was to differentiate between actual "video cameras". Some countries and jurisdictions had/have different taxable limits for still camera vs video camera.

Since this camera only captures in 640x480 VGA, you can likely save quite a bit of video on that 32GB card. But get a couple more, they're relatively cheap.
I can't find any specific reference from Kodak on how long that particular camera will record on a given SD card size.

The Users guide:
http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18753/~/kodak-easyshare-z712-is-zoom-digital-camera%C2%A0%E2%80%94%C2%A0users-guide/selected/true
http://resources.kodak.com/support/shtml/en/manuals/urg00671/urg00671c8s3.shtml

Also, batteries. Have extras on hand.

Solution
Oct 19, 2018

Great! Thanks so much!!