VIDEO: Samsung is Still Making Fun of Apple in Ads

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]leon2006[/nom]Well who is laughing now?http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/24/te [...] _Highlight[/citation]
I would like to see the government take that money from Apple's hands

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It seems to be really working. Apple just doubled their iPhone sales, and have a staggering 100 Billion in cash.

Samsung better be careful, if they irritate someone at Apple, they could get eaten. 100 Billion in cash is just mind blowing.

G

Samdung just got dungk'd with Apple's earnings release. The voice ad is just dumb especially when Apple has Siri. The other is better but I'm still of the mind that it's a bad idea to show an ad where brand loyalty is the thing you're trying to pan. Some of those line-waiters are drooling fanboys while others just appreciate a really great product. Once again, you can hate if you want but the $$$ don't lie. That said, it's nice to see someone from the droid sphere making ads that do something besides brain-dead ads with battle scenes and chicks fighting robots that basically do nothing besides try and communicate, "We rockzzz!!!11!!one!!!11"

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Lame. How many years has Pepsi had their taste test challenge with Coke? Or Burger King comparing their flame broiled burgers to McDonald's fried?

People don't like these types of ads. All they really do is make the fanboys happy that their daddy is making fun of another company they despise.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
The only thing I don't like about these ads is they never mention iphone by name. We all know who they're talking about but I there is no need to be subtle. Go for throats samsung.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
As an add on to my last comment, sammy needs to mention iphone and its fans my name. It is our national civic duty to make apple users feel like the gullible sheep they are.

bender3000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
[citation][nom]murdoc[/nom]They keep pumping out these ads and apple's sales are only going up. Interesting...[/citation]

I don't see the logic in your statement.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
For those of you posting Apple's earnings last quarter, Samsung also had a record year: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57353624-17/samsung-handset-sales-make-for-best-4th-quarter-yet/

Just because quarter sales break records doesn't mean they are beating the competition, overall market trends also factor in. A direct comparison of handset sales are the only way to compare the two companies in the mobile phone market.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]It seems to be really working. Apple just doubled their iPhone sales, and have a staggering 100 Billion in cash. Samsung better be careful, if they irritate someone at Apple, they could get eaten. 100 Billion in cash is just mind blowing.[/citation]
Yeah, some of it may even make it out of Mr Cooks bonus

leon2006

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
The numbers don't lie...The 4S is the best selling smartphone to date. As a model it outsells whatever samsung, motorola, htc have in the market on model to model comparison.

On profit margin Apple has the biggest profit margin per phone ~ 50% compare to ~ 15% for samsung. Motorola and htc are barely making 3 to 5 % profit per phone.

Acer is adapting APPLE'S business model. To survive and make more money.

Like it or not the 800 Pound Gorrila is the company in Cupertino

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]leon2006[/nom]The numbers don't lie...The 4S is the best selling smartphone to date. As a model it outsells whatever samsung, motorola, htc have in the market on model to model comparison.On profit margin Apple has the biggest profit margin per phone ~ 50% compare to ~ 15% for samsung. Motorola and htc are barely making 3 to 5 % profit per phone. Acer is adapting APPLE'S business model. To survive and make more money.Like it or not the 800 Pound Gorrila is the company in Cupertino[/citation]
they make more profit per phone?! wow, I wonder if the slaves over in china have anything to do with that.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hmm... Lesseee, Samsung makes approx 23,234,232 different models of droid phones and Apple makes one model. Apple's one model outsells all Samsung phones combined. Hmmm... Even more pathetic is the folks who find these ads "amusing" and are oblivious to the sleeze factor of the ad. Sucks to be seconds best.

flopierandom

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Makes me worry that so many people defend apple. Wake up guys, Apple is not your wife or your firend, it's a compagny that sells phones and other crappy overpriced hardware!!! Why are you so attached to them? Would you commit suicide if they went broke?

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
My wife had an iphone 4 for about a year, it had to be replaced due to a warranty issue. She now has a Galaxy S2. Since I had to show her how to use both phones. I am well versed in the similarities and the differences. I find the Galaxy to be superior in every way. I found the OS to be easier to teach the wife. In my wife's words " they will have to pry my galaxy from my cold dead hands" BTW, both phones are more entertaining than my blackberry. ( supplied from work, sigh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.