VIDEO: Sexy Tennis Ad that 2K Games Ditched

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcatface

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
serena williams not sexy? only if you're a little pussy who's intimidated by a strong woman. i for one would be gladly broken by her.

G

If I were the developer, I'd be pulling the ad too, after seeing who they chose for for the two roles...

deecrutch

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2005
Not only is Serena the SEXIEST tennis player, she's the BEST tennis player when healthy. Awesome ad. Get well soon, Serena, so you can kick some more ass!

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Serena Williams might be the most masculine female athlete I know. Strange choice for a sexy commercial when Sharapova or Kournikova would both have worked.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
I'm surprised Serena would lower herself to do an ad like this. She's supposed to be a professional tennis player? On the other hand I guess it's no different than Ronaldo and Beckham modelling underwear.

Methinks she is overcompensating for being such a man, and jumped at any chance to appear 'sexy'.

Would be interested to hear Jane's thoughts on how 'sexy' this advert is :p

amdfangirl

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 7, 2008
Humour is much better for advertising I believe, this is just using sex appeal to sell games, it removes any dignity to females and is very morally degrading.

I could go on, but I won't.

xambron

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
If they removed the captions about "world's sexiest gamer", and got rid of the "uh, uh, uh" throughout the video then it would have a much better chance. They should simply have the two girls using a tennis racket in ways that it wasn't intended to be use, the same point would have gotten across.

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
[citation][nom]JWL3[/nom]Serena is a cow. So tired of this dumbed down PC version of who's hot and who's not these days. Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry, and Beyonce are hot. Michelle Obama, Serena and Venus Williams are NOT.This is the same PC bs that made queeros like Timberlake, DiCrapio, and Bieber "hot. " What happened to men like John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Connery, Moore? No more metrosexuals.[/citation]

You have some serious problems.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]omnius19[/nom]World's sexiest tennis player? Clearly the creators of this add are not tennis fans. Anyone who has seen Anna Kournikova, Ana Ivanovic, Elena Dementieva, or any number of other tennis women would not say that Serena Williams is even close to the sexiest tennis player. Manliest tennis playing cow is a much more apt description.[/citation]
^5 +1 and don't forget Daniela Hantuchova, Maria Kirilenko, even Ana Ivanovic is hotter then serenia.
my all time favorite Maria Sharapova, she even sounds as hot as she looks esp while playing!

i heard say from all the other media outlets that Serena Williams camp made the decision to pull it due to it being to much for her image. i don't find her attractive at all.
as for
[citation][nom]JWL3[/nom]Serena is a cow. So tired of this dumbed down PC version of who's hot and who's not these days. Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry, and Beyonce are hot. Michelle Obama, Serena and Venus Williams are NOT.This is the same PC bs that made queeros like Timberlake, DiCrapio, and Bieber "hot. " What happened to men like John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Connery, Moore? No more metrosexuals.[/citation]
i have to agree with JWL3 he understands it. +1 to him if he hates reese witherspoon!
[citation][nom]Sabiancym[/nom]You have some serious problems.[/citation]
how about you watch a Maria Sharapova vs. Anna Kournikova match and talk to us again in the morning!

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
This could be one of the greatest marketing ploys since The Blair Witch Project. Create a sexy ad, cancel the ad, leak the ad...let the sex-starved Internet junkies do what they do best: repost anything with cleavage. Zero air time purchase...maximum exposure...and if anyone complains, just remind them that it was 'killed' by the company. Brilliant!

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
It amazes me that most of the critics of Serena, have offered up white female tennis players as oppose to strong black woman. I think there is much to be said for what's not being said. Serena is not fat by any stretch of the imagination, she's athletic, thick and juicy, and would welcome her any day of the week. It's only a weak minded man child that would think otherwise, or perhaps the skinny little while girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.