VIDEOS: PlayStation 4 Revealed?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I dont know why this article is late and non complete as SCE ( Sony Computer Entertainment ) already gave an official statement of them having nothing to do at wall with those videos neither they were created by them. Which also means that this is nowhere near a PS4 product.

Apparently this is a fan/well made video for the PS3.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
A new console does not make sence at the moment. There is no major technological developement for them to base it on. Not much has changed in the world since 2006. Yeah we have Digital Distribution more widespread now. But unless you live in Korea its not really a viable soloution. So unless they are unveiling the fact theyve actually gone and made a game system that puts you in some kind of mini-matrix(omg that would be awesome!)... its not the PS4.

DejaVuBoy

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
Sony's probably going to try and tie in Gran Turismo 5 to the new system because (you guessed it) it runs like crap in 3d on the PS3

evomaster85

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]I read this to say that ps4 is being worked on and will be out eventually, and will fully support 3d. As in every single game.I'm also willing to guess they're getting on the motion sensing bandwagon. I didn't really see a controller in the second video. Matter of fact, it seemed like they were intentionally not showing his left hand while playing.I also expect that out of any console manufacturer, Sony is most likely to release an unnecessary new console with unripened technology. They always try to sell new consoles on "cutting edge" technology.I'd also expect that any ps4 purchased within the first 6 months will not last a year without some sort of complication.[/citation]

In the second 12 or so you can see the control on the monitor, a normal ps2-3 control

G

im no PS fan but i have to say i liked the trailers, especially the nod to the 'Ring' type movies, this is how an advert should be, none of those stupid ps3 type adverts

demosthenes81

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
God my ps3 overheats with RSX imagine if ps4 has FERMI it will morph into skynet takeover the world for 3 seconds overheat and crash lol.

BTW i do have a fermi card GTX470

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]It's fake, the girl is not attractive enough to be in a real commercial.[/citation]

She looks trollish enough to actually be in computer science :$

G

Just because Sony is putting out videos of new technologies doesn't mean they're releasing a whole new platform... a firmware update is all they really need to take advantage of 3D-enabled TV's (remember a lot of the 3D conversion will be within the game software) with the PS3. As for motion controls, those are already being developed for the PS3 and expected to release later this year, not on some future PS4. Look up the Playstation Move or check out http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14318622.html people.

gto127

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
PS3 isn't capable of these kind of graphics these are too realistic if it's actual gameplay in viral video. I guess it could be just a video teaser insted of actual graphics if it's PS3 but it's got to be PS4 if it's gameplay.

1pp1k10k4m1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
[citation][nom]gto127[/nom]PS3 isn't capable of these kind of graphics these are too realistic if it's actual gameplay in viral video. I guess it could be just a video teaser insted of actual graphics if it's PS3 but it's got to be PS4 if it's gameplay.[/citation]

They are playing Modern Warfare (second 41 of the 2nd video as someone already posted)...that doesn't seem any more realistic than anything we have now.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
From the first video, I thought it was a Godzilla movie at first lol:)

Seriously, it usually takes about 18 months for a console to get to market after it's announced. So, even if they announce it this year at E3, it wouldn't be out until the fall of 2011.

Personally, I don't think it will be out until the fall of 2012 as Sony seems to like a six year system cycle (with 10 year support).

So, I think it will get announced at next years E3. But, that's just my take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.