Viewers Preferred the Bill and Jerry Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
I disagree that the "I'm a PC" ads are ineffective. Their repetition only highlights the diversity of people who use PCs. I find them an appropriate and effective response to the Mac "I'm a smug and condescending cool kid that knows more than you" ads.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]jeremyrailton[/nom]I disagree that the "I'm a PC" ads are ineffective. Their repetition only highlights the diversity of people who use PCs. I find them an appropriate and effective response to the Mac "I'm a smug and condescending cool kid that knows more than you" ads.[/citation]
Can't argue with that but I have always know NASA use IBM/Lenovo PCs on space missions.

G

"The ad is actually a counter-attack to Apple’s amusing "PC vs. Mac" but fails horribly in its presentation and annoying repetition."

I personally disagree with your statement. I don't think it is annoying at all, but maybe it's because I appreciate their point of view. It's a bit like a checkmate for apple's ads, showing the actual diversity of the PCs user base, and making the apple ads look like bigotry.

If anything this news further highlights that a lot of commercials are just another form of entertainment rather than product/service advertisement.

kgrach

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2008
The new ad I am a PC ends with the new Microsoft catch phrase.
"Life without walls" nice but it begs the question. If you don't have walls, why would you need windows?

kgrach

Status
Not open for further replies.