Ville Shopping Cart Bike Transforms For Groceries

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
not that i see much use for it where i live, but maybe in areas where ppl are riding bikes constantly to get around, and they go to a food market daily, seems like a functional idea.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Sweet. . . depending on price. So if I bike to the grocery or down to a farmers market, I don't have to lock up the bike but can take it with me. (A good way to reduce the chance of theft is to have your bike in site.) I wonder if the buses would let me take it inside, or if I'd have to keep it unfolded and outside?

Heck, when my mom was younger she could of used one of these. She had to lug boxes of paperwork around for her work, even after a back injury - so being able to push cart them around would have been helpful.

Overall, I can see a lot of uses for these. Unfortunately, I don't see many stores catering to a transformable bike that may have mucked-up tires.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]oxxfatelostxxo[/nom]not that i see much use for it where i live, but maybe in areas where ppl are riding bikes constantly to get around, and they go to a food market daily, seems like a functional idea.[/citation]
Where I live, everyone I know bikes everywhere. I use 2 paniers to haul my groceries around. This would be much easier. Of course as a bike its probably a lot less efficient of a ride than a road bike. Cool idea, but for now I'll just stick to leaving my bike locked up outside and loading up my paniers when I'm done shopping.

Also, that bike might be a little hard to get around in considering it doesn't have brakes or gears. I think this must be a concept.

Pretty clever. With how bulky that bike looks I do wonder how much it weighs? Though where I live the stores are a good hour away by bike. Many refrigerated items would spoil by the time I got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.