Vintage audio question

Aug 1, 2018
I’m trying to hook a vintage stereo receiver to a newer HD TV is it possible ???? What equipment would I need I can give more details after a response

Solution
Most likely you can.

Most likely the old receiver has a left and right RCA analog input (it has to have an analog input in at least some sort of configuration).

The TV most likely has at least one digital audio out and probably a headphone jack.

You could either go from the 1/8" stereo headphone jack to two RCA plugs and connect it that way....

OR

You could get a digital to analog converter....and connect the digital audio output of the TV to the input of the converter and then the output of the converter goes to the stereo RCA inputs.
Most likely you can.

Most likely the old receiver has a left and right RCA analog input (it has to have an analog input in at least some sort of configuration).

The TV most likely has at least one digital audio out and probably a headphone jack.

You could either go from the 1/8" stereo headphone jack to two RCA plugs and connect it that way....

OR

You could get a digital to analog converter....and connect the digital audio output of the TV to the input of the converter and then the output of the converter goes to the stereo RCA inputs.

Solution

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
You could also connect wirelessly. Bluetooth trasmitter to RCA jacks on TV; Bluetooth receiver to unused RCA audio jacks on back of stereo. Your TV might have Bluetooth built in. If so, you only need the one for the stereo. Pair it up the same way you would with your phone using the setting on your TV.