Question Vizio 70" E701i-A3 flat screen, no A/V but has standby voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2019
TV dead otherwise but when you power on with remote, the LED comes on a few seconds then goes out (protection I guess). Swapped other boards, new PS board 09-70CAR000-00 has to be the problem. There's no LED voltage at the connector, the other voltages at the other DC output connector are fine. Checked for obvious shorts or opens, found nothing. I'd troubleshoot using the IC part numbers and work from there, but can't read 2 of them, obscured. New board is on its way, but want to fix this board to keep as spare. Should be able to fix this if I can get a schematic. Looked everywhere but can't find a schematic or repair manual for a Vizio E701i-A3. Can anybody help release a manual from the tight grip of the web? Thanks for any assist.

Jun 15, 2019
TV dead otherwise but when you power on with remote, the LED comes on a few seconds then goes out (protection I guess). Swapped other boards, new PS board 09-70CAR000-00 has to be the problem. There's no LED voltage at the connector, the other voltages at the other DC output connector are fine. Checked for obvious shorts or opens, found nothing. I'd troubleshoot using the IC part numbers and work from there, but can't read 2 of them, obscured. New board is on its way, but want to fix this board to keep as spare. Should be able to fix this if I can get a schematic. Looked everywhere but can't find a schematic or repair manual for a Vizio E701i-A3. Can anybody help release a manual from the tight grip of the web? Thanks for any assist.
This sounds like what has been happening with my E701i-A3. Did you have any luck replacing the PS board? I’ve seen lots of posts where people have swapped all the boards with no luck.

Jun 4, 2019
Actually yes, it's fine now, replaced the power supply board. I was a component-level tech back in the day, but then we usually had schematics for the tougher stuff like this with no burned or shorted parts. The power supply has (4 I believe) separate switching or buck/boost converted voltages, and in this case the 24V was missing. Found no obvious shorts or opens in the 24v circuit, so I am pretty sure it is the 16-pin controller IC that's faulty, but since the board can be had used for like $50 maybe less, wasn't worth spending hours ordering parts and repairing.

Jun 4, 2019
If the boards don't fix it, it's either the actual LED screen bad (unfixable, and the source for many of our used parts) or it's the cheap LED backlight strips. The latter is a PITA repair but straightforward to carefully disassemble and replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.