Vizio Crowned Largest U.S. TV Maker for Q1 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Vizio still produces alot of Led-LCD TV's, the ones that are thicker. ANd those sell about
30 percent less than a true LED TV and alot of people that can't afford a LED by these and
that has given Vizio the Advantage for the time being.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Vizio is the cheapest and Walmart focuses on them. That's the reason right there. Still good TVs either way. You get what you pay for and then some.

G

Vizio dies fast and often. Make sure you get the extended warranty...LOL

G

@ kastelruther my vizio is 2 years old and going strong. My moms vizio is a year old still going strong. My dads vizio is 3 years old, still going strong. My best friends vizio is 2 years old and still going strong. So stfu

rflynn88

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Vizio still produces alot of Led-LCD TV's, the ones that are thicker. ANd those sell about30 percent less than a true LED TV and alot of people that can't afford a LED by these andthat has given Vizio the Advantage for the time being.[/citation]

You are quite misinformed on LCD TV technology. All current non-plasma flat screens are Liquid Crystal Dislays (LCD). The term LED refers to the backlighting of the LCD panel. An "LCD TV" has a Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp (CCFL) backlight. An "LED TV" can come in several forms; an edge-lit LED and a full array LED. Both have LCD panels, the only difference is the arrangement of the backlighting. An edge-lit LED TV simply replaces the CCFL with LED lighting. This seems to be the LED-LCD you refer to. Full array local-dimming or RGB LED TV's have the ability to adjust backlighting brightness and/or color on certain points of the screen allowing for darker blacks and brighter colors. The depth of the TV can be very thin for either edge-lit or local-dimming LED TVs. Most LED TV's including those from Samsung/LG/Sony are edge-lit until you spend big $$$ on the top end models.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2795-6482_7-399.html

Status
Not open for further replies.