Voice not being properly picked up no matter what

kdonkov

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
Hello everyone.
i own an msi gt70 2pc laptop, running win 10. I've never had this problem before but for some time now whenever i try to use skype or raidcall or anything like that my voice is not being picked up properly. I've used different setups: both using my internal microphone and external headsets even professional microphones but my voice is really really low, almost non existent. I have tried downloading, installing, reinstalling audio drivers even sound blaster cinema and realtek audio manager but nothing worked no matter what the configuration is.I have gone into the "set up a microphone" options built into windows but the software won't even pick up my voice enough to be able to set one up.
no matter what software i use my voice is either no being picked up at all or when it is, it's so low that it just blends in with the background noise.

does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Hi,

Please do try this troubleshooting steps:

- Right click on the speaker icon located on the bottom right hand corner and select Recording Device.
- Once open, right click on the default Microphone and select Properties.
- In Properties, click on Levels tab and make sure the level is set to 100% and you can also adjust the Microphone Boost.
- Click on Apply and OK to apply all the changes.
- Test it again in Skype and in it check the levels of your microphone as well to get the best result.

kdonkov

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014

i have done that like a dozen times but nothing...