VPN not hiding location

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvindsagar702

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016
Heya so i want to play a game called 'Tera' but it has region blocked entire asia. Last year i was able to play by normally using Softether VPN client but now when i try to log in it gives me the error which it would as if it knows my location. So far i have tried Softether,Tunnelbear,Speedify and OpenVPN but it still manages to get my location and gives me the error in login. I tried using dnsleaktest.com to see my location and it was just wherever the VPN was for. I also tried using ipconfig /flushdns command everytime i connect or disconnect a vpn. And only ran any 1 vpn software at any time with multiple vpn servers tested on each vpn software but still it gives me the error. If i input wrong credentials it gives me the error for that so i know that the data is being sent. Recently i tried using resource monitor and it showed me that the game launcher uses port 443 and port 80 while tunnelbear and other vpn use port 443 only so my suspect is that because port 80 is open the game is able to know my location. I also tried deleting the original route (i.e 0.0.0.0 on the original interface) but still no good. And after all this i tried disabling port 80 but doing so made the game launcher not be able to connect at all. I tried a different acc on the launcher but still no good. I am out of ideas on what to do,thanks in advance.

My OS- Win 10 Home Edition x64
Antivirus- None
Softwares running while using vpn - Bitmeter 2,Normal windows tasks,chrome and vpn software itself
Times tried - 10 or so

Status
Not open for further replies.