Walmart Challenges Amazon Prime with $50 Unlimited Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
1/2 price 1/32nd the value. Won't be able to do any of the streaming services. 2nd day is a big plus for me. Plus they don't carry the latest greatest electronics the this geek craves. Need a raspberry Pi? Sorry, Wallyworld just has a couple of books on them. A NAS at a good price? Negative!

IMO Amazon is the end all be all of online ordering in my book next to ebay... in which I don't trust half the time

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
99% of what I use Prime for is 2 day shipping. With the price climbing, and the fact that sometimes I get things in 3 days, or they don't even ship out for 2 days, it's nice to see some competition.

elbert

Distinguished
Walmart would have to offer some sort of free vudu to this deal. Vudu needs this also else its never going to be anything in the streaming circuit.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
in the world of shipping.. 2 day delivery takes 3 days.. 3 day delivery will take 4 days.. no thanks.

You always add a day because it never ships the same day, and even if it does, it only gets "accepted" status, and does not move until the next day.

joex444

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Not actually having to go to a Wal*Mart is a big step forward. Unfortunately it's not the other customers that are the issue, it's their low end garbage.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
All this talk about prime and 2nd day shipping brings tears to my eyes. I live in PR and I'm sure Alaska and Hawaii are on the same boat, prime only gets us free parcel pool( which arrives in 7 days if were lucky). In any case, I use prime for the streaming service which is decent as well as the book deals. I can drive to my nearest walmart 2 miles from my home or the next walmart which is just 20 miles down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.