Walmart Cuts iPhone 3GS Price to $97

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t1337

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
should be free after how many times i've had to get a replacement, on my third one in a year!! definitely switching networks and getting the droid incredible after my contract is up.

G

The show's over. Apple better lay another golden egg. They missed their golden opportunity to open the iPhone OS up and trump Android. They will be a footnote 10yrs from now, just like when we speak of the PC/MAC and how windows/microsoft took over the world.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]blaxpear[/nom]The show's over. Apple better lay another golden egg. They missed their golden opportunity to open the iPhone OS up and trump Android. They will be a footnote 10yrs from now, just like when we speak of the PC/MAC and how windows/microsoft took over the world.[/citation]LOL.. yea.. I am not so sure THAT is gonna happen.

unrealpinky

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]i smell iPhone 4G[/citation]
So what exactly does that smell like? :)

Anyway, I think that Apple will continue to do what they have been doing for decades: Innovate on occasion, lock down their IP, and continue to operate within a niche market. Where as others will borrow from their ideas and openly license their products and dominate a majority of the market. Rinse and repeat...

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
haha...hear in Australia they're still like $800aud upfront, or $0 upfront, with a lock-in 24month contract, at like $70 per month

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
remember they've upped the Early termination fee its about AT&T it doesnt matter if they were free and available for all carriers im still Android

G

Damn! I just bought an 8GB iPhone 3g for $97 at WalMart on April 29th. What really sucks is that WM's Return Policy on iPhones is 15 days and not the standard 30 days like from an AT&T Store :(

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]$97 is still to high, I rather buy $97 worth of toilet paper than this trinket.[/citation]
Then go ahead buy it... janitors don't deserve iPhones anyways..

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
How about all contract phones be free, and we only have to pay if we don't want a contract? And not a anal raping price too...
$800 for a phone is ridiculous, or compared to $50-100/month contracts.

englandr753

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
[citation][nom]unrealpinky[/nom]So what exactly does that smell like? [/citation]

Smells like dirty apples.

I wouldn't even mind paying 97 bucks for this phone, just don't require me to pay for the 30.00 a month smart phone service. That phone is perfectly functional without all that BS. Do you hear me AT&T?

Status
Not open for further replies.