Want Free iPhone 4 Case? There's an App for That.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]That's because some of us are smart enough to know that crApple caters almost exclusively to hipster losers, many of them similar to you I would imagine. crApple could be exposed sacrificing babies, and you would still defend them.[/citation]
Those babies would have turned out to be criminals, so go home Apple hater! (just kidding)

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]dannyaa[/nom]The phone's not defective.... the press is. This isn't a big deal. Anyone who thinks it is (A) doesn't have an iPhone or (B) hates Apple already.Anandtech is the only site with an intelligent review on the phone. And these are hardcore PC guys: their verdict? It's better than any other smartphone on the market. The signal attenuates like any other phone - but a bit more. On the flipside, it holds a signal better than any other phone.And no, calls do not drop if you just "touch" the spot. Maybe if you have a negative -121db signal, yes. But your Droid X won't even make a call at -121db. I can hold the phone in a death grip all day and not lose signal.I don't want to say this is a NON-issue... but it is a silly issue. Apple isn't give away bumpers to fix the phone, it's to fix the ridiculous press.[/citation]
Ummm.... so wrong. Anandtech never said iPhone 4 has the best signal. Also, the issue of dropped calls are mainly a problem when the user only has 1 bar/low signal to begin with. If you have 4 bars/good signal strength, and holding the phone in the "death" grip WILL NOT cause your call to drop.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Or they can use Wifi, or they can use a Windows machine.[/citation]
Doubtful, by the time you have a Windows machine configured to use Internet, it's already picked up 14 viruses, 3 worms, and 2 spy-ware apps. Windows? Uhhh... no thanks.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]they finally admit there is a flaw. they give everyone free cases. yet the hateful people on this site bash apple. ugh. wow. yah trolls![/citation]

Steve never admited to a design flaw. They just offered a "patch". Their first step was blaming the consumer. That alone sends a horrible vibe down my spine. Second was to blame software, yet OSX is always perfect. Third step was to ignore the problem. Finally step four, hold a meeting bashing other phones to try to throw the spot light off and patch the problem instead of actually fixing it permenently.

If you can support a company that does all that then go for it. I for one have a hatred for Apple just because Steve Jobs basically called his consumers idiots.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I already bought a Speck HD from ebay for $27 and because I bought it on ebay and not apple store or att, it looks like they won't reimburse me.

When i loaded the app, guess what case it had?! The same speck HD i bought for $27!!! And I doubt I can sell the one apple is sending me for anything if people are getting free cases.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Sooo you will now have a defective phone with a condom on it. Just what I want. Doesn't change the fact they aren't fixing anything. I'm waiting for when they do actually fix the issue...everyone will be smashing their defective ones for a new one. I would...[/citation]

From a report site:
============================
When Consumer Reports first looked at the iPhone 4, it said “some reviewers have reported problems with reduced reception when the iPhone 4 is being held in the left hand. So far, we’ve been unable to replicate the problems.”

Unable to replicate the problems. Unable to replicate the problems. Unable to replicate the problems. Get it?
============================

So..... I agree with where the media is taking us now. Antennagate is the lamest scandal ever. A non-scandal.

Sorry apple bashers.... You guys loose yet again. Must burn :).
But you guys live for that and get plenty off it...

"the ipad will fail, who would buy a big touch?" - ha ha ha

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Thanks for the article as I was wondering how to get one. I actually already have a clear Belkin case which works very well. Yet, I submitted for an Apple rubber bumper, simply because it's different (not because it's Apple). They say 3 - 5 weeks delivery.

Btw., I could see that Apple was caught flat footed with the bumper "demand". It sure is a simple part by molding standards, BUT if you planned capacity for a 10% take-up rate (since most users probably will get a case case right in the store and not order from Apple.com). Suddenly the design issue brings this close to 100% and you find yourself having to build new (additional) tooling. In my job we purchase molds all the time and the turn-around is between 4 weeks and 14 weeks, add debugging and qualification and you can easily see why Apple may not be able to respond as swiftly.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Ragnar-Kon :"So I don't have the slightest clue on how some factory Apple contracted with can't pump out hundreds and thousands of these little plastic cases in a single day.

BUT, assuming there is some legit reason why Apple can't produce enough, I think it was rather smart of them to turn to other vendors for help."

ya apples vendor , FOXCONN, has a LIIIIITTTLLLLE problem with slave like labor practices, and it's kind of hard to make good products quickly when your employees on the production line are part lemming.

Status
Not open for further replies.