Question want to buy a Lenovo laptop, indecisive

Apr 8, 2020
in looking to buy a Lenovo laptop, I just want a good display, I'm in school for network administration (for any future programs I'll need to download) so far only use packet tracer.

I was looking at the e495, x280, and x395 but I'm no expert

I'd like to stay under $1,000

any other recommendations are appreciated and if possible let me know what build/add ons so I can build it on their site 😬

Thank you!

Apr 10, 2020
I used to love lenovo products, they are usually good for the price and of decent build quality. I have run into an issue with them not being able to be upgraded lately. They only have one ram slot on most models and some of them do not even have a ram slot. Their wifi is locked to the card that comes with the laptop which is usually slow as hell and needs a bios whitelist to get around. One of the models you are looking at has 2 ram slots the other two are soldered in and non removable according to crucial.com.

I was looking at the e495 also before going another route and getting the acer nitro 5. I don't know how much I trust acer but I had one of their chromebooks since they first came out and it still works good 8 years later, so I figured I would give them a shot with a more expensive product. The acer has 2 ram slots an amd 3550h with a radeon rx560x 2 nvme ssd slots along with a normal 2.5 hard drive spot, so a lot you can upgrade.

If you are not comfortable cracking open the case on a laptop the lenovo laptops are fine, but if you will upgrade them in the future buy a different brand.