Want to revert back to factory Windows 10

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
Hello experts,
i bought a new laptop, with Windows 10 home (single language) and in order to upload a language pack, i upgraded it to Pro version using a product key... Now i want to revert back to factory Windows, but i can't find the key... I tried a keyfinder software which gave me a OEM keys and pro key that i used.. but now the OEM key is not working... i don't know how to solve this problem... Please help me

Power off and on a few times and StartUp Repair should show up. Two of the options will be Reset and Refresh. One says it will preserve your personal data and the other doesn't. In truth, both delete all of it so choose which you wish.

Either way, it will go back to factory settings and the original Product Key will be used in spite of your "upgrade".

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
Power off and on a few times and StartUp Repair should show up. Two of the options will be Reset and Refresh. One says it will preserve your personal data and the other doesn't. In truth, both delete all of it so choose which you wish.

Either way, it will go back to factory settings and the original Product Key will be used in spite of your "upgrade".
i did the same twice, but it reverts back to the pro version

Download an ISO of the original version from Microsoft's website. Install it and you may find the original Product Key was tattooed on the BIOS chip and activates the installation as soon as the system goes online.

If that doesn't happen, you'll have to buy another key.

TRENDING THREADS